is a popular hobby for many people. Spending time caring for and nurturing
plants can reap many benefits.
There are many gardening ideas for your garden that can help spruce up your manicured outdoor area and garden.
Eco-friendly gardening practices are growing in popularity as new gardening enthusiasts are joining the community of green thumbs.
If you are in search of garden decoration ideas, then look no further than Amaya’s Landscaping in Columbus, Ohio. Our landscaping services can bring your hobby garden to life no matter how large or small.
Our evolving procedures keep up with the eco-friendly trends that have filled the marketplace in recent years.
Here are 5 eco friendly gardening ideas for your garden:
- Choose Climate Appropriate Plants — This may sound obvious but growing plants that are suited and adapted to your geographical location is important to maintaining an eco friendly garden space. By choosing native plant species, you are able to use less resources to keep them thriving and producing. This is better for both your environment, as well as your pocketbook. The first step in making your garden an eco-friendly place is easy to do with a bit of research into which plants you should grow.
- Be Conservative with Your Water — Water is a valuable commodity especially during the warm summer months. It is important, for the health of the environment, to conserve water as best you can. You should only water your garden when necessary. A substantial portion of the US water supply is wasted on watering lawns and gardens. It is also a good idea to create a water recycling system. If you begin collecting rainwater that would typically evaporate in your lawn, you can use it to give your garden water when it is dry.
- Make Use of Compost — Composting is a great way to stay eco-friendly and ensure your plants are getting the nutrition they need. It is useful for the soil by providing your garden with the nutrients it needs to remain eco-friendly and sustainable. Compost benefits the environment in a few different ways. First, it cuts down on synthetic fertilizers, which are known to harmful to soil health and the environment at-large. Second, it eliminates excess personal waste being thrown away. You are able to save perishable food items for future use. So next time you’re thinking of throwing that banana away, put it in the compost to give your plants the nutrients they need.
- Garden by Hand — Doing your gardening by hand eliminates the need for power tools, which as we all know require gasoline or electricity to power them. Each fuel source damages the environment in different ways. If you are looking to be eco-friendly, doing your gardening by hand is the way to go.
- Use Recycled Materials — An eco-friendly approach to all aspects of your life is utilizing recycled materials. This is no different when talking about gardening. You should make use of everyday materials to help plant your garden. You can mulch your garden with shredded newspaper, use carboard egg cartons to start your seeds or place bio-degradable materials in your soil to eliminate weed growth.
These are just a few eco friendly gardening ideas to get you into the eco-friendly mindset. There are a number of other ways you can turn your gardening into a green-friendly experience.
Gardening is an important practice to make into an eco-friendly one. We at Amaya’s aim to do just that. If you need garden maintenance in Columbus, Ohio call Amaya’s Landscape today at (614)354-5398, or fill out our online contact form. Get in touch with us to book our top-rated lawncare service in Columbus, Ohio!