Winter is a fact many of us in Ohio hate to face. With the colder temps that accompany the winter months comes snow, sleet, rain and even ice.
As the snow falls, keeping your driveway clean is essential to eliminating some of the headaches that winter brings.
The best way to ensure that your property is clear and drivable is to contact the snow removal professionals at Amaya’s Landscaping. We can create a winter-proof snow removal budget for your home or business. Whether you need your personal drive-way or your business parking lot cleared, we have winter-proof snow removal tips for you.
Here are just a few to keep you going this winter:
- Buy a Good Shovel — The oldest and most trusted method of removing snow from your property is the old-fashioned way, with a snow shovel. It may seem like all snow shovels are created equal; however, this is not the case. The type of shovel you choose makes a big difference in the ease of your snow removal process. Choose a medium or large-shovel with metal edge. This will allow you to cut through any precipitation that hits your drive-way.
- Shovel Often — If you choose to shovel your property, it is important to do so frequently. It prevents the build-up that often results in over-straining. Shoveling before snow gets a chance to stick to your concrete is a great way to avoid compact, tough to remove snow pile-up.
- Use Salt — It’s an important and sometime overlooked aspect of keeping your drive-way in order. Just like on the roadways, it’s important to apply a healthy amount of salt to your property to prevent snow and ice from sticking to it. Preventative maintenance is key to reducing the amount of work you must put in to keeping your concrete clear.
- Buy a Snowblower — There are many personal snowblower models that are both cost-effective and efficient for keeping your property snow-free. It is important to do your research prior to sinking costs into your snowblower purchase. Consider the climate, your property size and your budget before buying. This will give you an idea of what type of snowblower you are looking for.
- Hire a Professional — This is the best way to guarantee your property will be snow-free. A professional snow removal service will ensure that no matter the weather conditions that your drive-way or parking area is not affected by precipitation.
Amaya’s Landscape is a Columbus landscape maintenance company. They are highly qualified professionals who can take away some of the stress that changing seasons brings. Amaya’s Landscape, LLC is experienced with snow removal in Columbus, Ohio. We offer services to remove snow from driveways, sidewalks and your landscape. We can also apply salt, de-ice your property and plow.
Prepare for this winter by hiring a professional snow removal company that can prepare you for the winter weather. If you are searching for a snow removal plan for this winter, contact Amaya’s Landscape LLC.